The 2018/2019 English Premier League came to an end this weekend.
City finished on 98 points, just one point ahead of second-placed Liverpool, who also defeated Wolves 2-0 in their last game of the season.
It was an incredible title race which stood out for the great consistency shown by Manchester City and Liverpool. Manchester City has retained their Premier League crown. They became this year’s Premier League champions after a 4-1 victory over Brighton at the Amex Stadium.
Pep Guardiola’s men have been outstanding this season; let’s take a look at some intriguing statistics that highlight their Premier League win.
1. Manchester City is the first team to retain its Premier League crown since Manchester United in 2009, that was a decade ago.
2. Manchester City became the first team to end a Premier League season with 14 consecutive victories. They broke Arsenal’s record, which had 13 consecutive victories in the 2001/02 season.
3. Pep Guardiola’s side had the highest possession stats over all the Premier League teams this season with 64%. They also had the highest average pass accuracy this season with 89%. City astonishingly completed 26,577 passes this season, also more than any other club.
4. City scored 95 goals in their Premiership campaign this season, six more than the nearest team, Liverpool.
5. Manchester City had an average of 18 shots per game this season, that was more than any other Premier League club has averaged this entire season.
6. City also equaled the Premier League record they set last year for the most wins in a single campaign which is 32. They reached that milestone again this year, losing four matches and drawing 2.
7. Manchester City took more corner kicks that all the Premier League teams this season – 298.
8. City became the first side since Preston to claim at least one league victory against every side they faced in the league in two consecutive seasons.
Preston achieved that feat back in 1888/89, and 1889/90 seasons, now Manchester City has equaled it.
The statistics show that City was deserved winners and had a truly remarkable season.
Note: Stats were gotten from premierleague.com
Liverpool will likely start their dominance by winning the EUFA Champions League
5 Possible Clubs That Mourinho Could Join This Summer
How Tottenham Masterfully Overcame Ajax to Seal Final Berth